Banking and Finance – Training Probationary Officers of PSU Banks
Training POs of PSU Banks
Over the last six to eight months, Neville Seth and another Senior Resource from SineEdge, Krishnan, collaborated with Amity Institute of Training and Development (a unit of Amity University) in a program that involved training more than 1000 officers of two large PSU Banks in India. Students were divided into batches of 40 to 50 each. It was a massive training exercise in which a various banking and finance modules were covered. The training methodology involved class room sessions, interspersed with or followed by Case Studies and a large number of practical exercises. The entire training involved sessions for both liabilities and asset businesses. However our focus remained on the Assets side of business, which is our expertise.
Some of the key topics covered are as below:
- KYC and Money Laundering norms
- MSME and Priority Sector Lending (Conceptual Overview)
- Social Banking and Financial inclusion
- Principles of Lending
- Retail Lending Products offered by Banks
- Loan Evaluation methods – Terms Loans and Working Capital
- Extensive coverage of the CMA format
- Risk Management and introduction to Basel
- Fraud Management
- Capital Budgeting
- Financial Management and Ratio Analysis
- Principles of Accounting
- Practical use of Accounting concepts in lending
- Evaluation of salaried and self employed customers for loans
- Financial and Technical Analysis of Loan proposals
- MIS and Data Analytics
The training material was customised for presentation to an audience that involved people from diverse backgrounds such as humanities, commerce, science and engineering.
This gave us a great opportunity to engage professionally with Amity University. Neville’s and Krishnan’s training presentations, methods and approach were widely accepted and appreciated by the participants.
For any training needs in Basics of Banking and Finance covering any of the modules listed above or any other to be customised for your organisation, do write to us at email@example.com or call us at +91 9910112704 (Sitaraman), +91 9871040392 (Neville). For the various services offered by us to different segments of customers, please see the details of services offered here. To get an overview of the projects that we have already completed, please review this link. .
Thank you for your time.